The Village No Shave November Event
We are partnering with Health For All to raise money & provide local assistance for Prostate Health in the Brazos Valley.
Really Simple Rules:
- Register your name here
- Don’t shave for ALL of November
- Get friends to pledge money towards your effort of not shaving. Print Pledge Sheet Here
- Promote your hair growth & support via social media #noshavevillage
Things you can do but are not required:
- Take a before picture and then continue taking pictures through the growth.
- Shave before you start (this would be great, but we know some of you are quite attached)
- Post pictures on a weekly basis and tag The Village on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. (Would be awesome for awareness of the event but not required). Prizes will be given through social media votes towards the end of the month.
- Participate in a group “SHAVE-OFF” in the alley during December First Friday. Allowing the person who donated the most money to your cause to shave you.
Social Media Voting Categories will include
- Longest New Growth
- Fullest/Thickest New Growth
- The Picasso (Patchy/Abstract)
- The George “Babyface” Nelson
AND Most importantly Community Vote for Best Beard. The winner of Best Beard must be willing to be the featured beard at the Dec First Friday. There will be a Shave It or Save It monetary voting opportunity for a last fundraising opportunity.
We would prefer that people start during the first week of November but we will open up participation in raising money at anytime. It is afterall, about the fundraising.
The hair grower will be responsible for their pledge sheet & money to be turned in by Wed, Dec 3rd. The big winner will be announced at First Friday in the alley next to the Village Cafe. The big winner will be determined by whoever raises the most money for prostate health. That person will receive free food from The Village for a year. (Specifically, a meal valued at $12 or under for a week for 52 weeks)
- Any questions about the event, contact Kristy Petty at email@example.com