Cafe Food Specials
The Confucius Institute at Texas A&M University will celebrate the Lunar New Year in Downtown Bryan on Saturday, February 28, 2015 from 10 AM to 5 PM. Lee’s Golden Dragon Troupe will perform at 2 PM and 3 PM with the Dragon Dance at 4:30 PM.
There will be lots of activities in Downtown Bryan!
Come celebrate Valentine’s Day at The Village with a wonderful beer OR wine pairing dinner featuring Becker Winery & Southern Star Brewery. We will be doing the same dinner menu for both Fri & Sat dinner so you can pick which one works best for your schedule.
We will have romantic live music with Ciara Marcel and Friends!
Following dinner on Saturday is our weekly salsa dancing starting around 10pm. Please consider staying after for some dancing! $5 per person cover.
Becker Viognier or Southern Star Bombshell Blonde
Shrimp Beer Bisque
Becker Sauvignon Blanc or Southern Star LeMort Vivant
Caesar Wedge salad with House cured bacon
Becker Prairie Rotie or Southern Star Imperial Red Cockaded.
Choice of Coq Au Vin served over orzo pasta w/ balsamic glazed brussel sprouts
Beef bourguignon served over herbed mashed potatoes w/
balsamic glazed brussel sprouts
Becker Vintage Port or Southern Star Pine Belt Ale
Your choice of dessert to share:
A salted caramel apple galette served warm
w/ Amaretto ice cream garnish & toasted almonds
Chocolate layered torte
1st Course: Tomato Basil soup
2nd Course: Romaine wedge w/ House Vinaigrette
Mushroom Bourguignon served over herbed mashed potatoes with a side of mixed veggies
Dessert stays the same.
Friday or Saturday, February 13 & 14
Doors open @ 6:30 dinner @ 7:00
49.00 per guest
Plus Tax and Gratuity
Reservation Required – call 979.703.8514 or email us here
The Village Cafe | 204 W. 26th | Bryan, TX 77803
The Village No Shave November Event
We are partnering with Health For All to raise money & provide local assistance for Prostate Health in the Brazos Valley.
Really Simple Rules:
- Register your name here
- Don’t shave for ALL of November
- Get friends to pledge money towards your effort of not shaving. Print Pledge Sheet Here
- Promote your hair growth & support via social media #noshavevillage
Things you can do but are not required:
- Take a before picture and then continue taking pictures through the growth.
- Shave before you start (this would be great, but we know some of you are quite attached)
- Post pictures on a weekly basis and tag The Village on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. (Would be awesome for awareness of the event but not required). Prizes will be given through social media votes towards the end of the month.
- Participate in a group “SHAVE-OFF” in the alley during December First Friday. Allowing the person who donated the most money to your cause to shave you.
Social Media Voting Categories will include
- Longest New Growth
- Fullest/Thickest New Growth
- The Picasso (Patchy/Abstract)
- The George “Babyface” Nelson
AND Most importantly Community Vote for Best Beard. The winner of Best Beard must be willing to be the featured beard at the Dec First Friday. There will be a Shave It or Save It monetary voting opportunity for a last fundraising opportunity.
We would prefer that people start during the first week of November but we will open up participation in raising money at anytime. It is afterall, about the fundraising.
The hair grower will be responsible for their pledge sheet & money to be turned in by Wed, Dec 3rd. The big winner will be announced at First Friday in the alley next to the Village Cafe. The big winner will be determined by whoever raises the most money for prostate health. That person will receive free food from The Village for a year. (Specifically, a meal valued at $12 or under for a week for 52 weeks)
- Any questions about the event, contact Kristy Petty at firstname.lastname@example.org